Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Murphy's Law

I should have known.....things were going to well....it's Murphy's Law and it will get you every time. We were doing so well getting everything paid off and getting the fixed up. Then it happened.....starting with Sheba getting sick last week and the big vet bill that produced. Yesterday I went to the dentist for the first time in quite a few years. The good news is that nothing is majorly wrong, just a good amt of minor cavities which need to be filled. The bad news is that I am so terrified of the dentist that he told me that I need to go see a sedation dentist. My dream appt right? Go, take a few pills, sleep through the entire thing and wake up with it all fixed. Well, it is going to set us back a pretty penny. The insurance does not cover the sedation part at all and only eighty percent of the work. Thankfully they have a twelve month no interest payment plan that all we need to do is qualify for. Here's crossing our fingers and toes. Last night at dinner going over some differences in Craig's paycheck we found out that he was overpaid and we will now have to subtract that out of our budget as well. However, it would not be right to keep money that really did not belong to us (which they would probably come after later anyway). Then the most disgusting part.....all of our drains backed up and sewer water was flooding the house. So there's more money for the plumber.....I told Craig he needs to consider becoming a plumber for what they charge an hour! :) Thankfully it was only a clog and only took an hour to fix. Now the cleanup begins. We had to go and get a Rug Doctor to clean it all up. I can't get the Dora song out of my head....."Clean up! Clean up! Everybody do their share!" Thankfully everyone's health is in good standing. Except for the mysterious stuffy and runny nose that everyone around here has seemed to catch. I am thankfull that I have been working some overtime and that all this stuff won't put us back to far, it's just kind of disappointing. However as we have all been saying lately "It is what it is". At least I now can use my disposal without holding up a baking sheet to shield me from flying food and we will have some nice clean carpets. :)

No comments: