Thursday, June 5, 2008

Me and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Grocery Trip

First let me set the mood by letting you know that today at the gym someone asked me if I was exercising for two (when is that ever an appropriate question to ask a woman?). Also, CJ apparently had to get some things off his chest at three am when he came into my room and told me all about his new computer game for an hour at three am. I usually take the kids with my mom grocery shopping on early Saturday mornings when there is almost no one else in the store. I will not be able to go this weekend because of work, so I decided to go today because they have a buy fifty dollars worth/get ten dollars off coupon. Well, let me tell ya, this is definitely not worth it. The store was packed! Barely room to manuver the huge cart and the three kids. These kids are used to having tons of room to move about in when they go to the store without really making other customers too upset. Oh, did I forget to mention we went after dinner so of course the bunch was tired and cranky. What was I thinking?!?! All I heard was the typical kid whining that I usually escape...and the kids got to hear the mean side of mommy......Miss Kay has actually taken to calling people meanies. We also had problems with stopping things when mommy says stop. Then CJ just up and walked away from the cart without telling me.....his new thing is trying to be sneaky and not letting people see him. Talk about giving mommy a heart attack! So I tell them as punishment that when they get home they must go to bed, which to them is the worst thing in the world, but mommy can be sneaky sometimes too as it was past their bedtime and they were going to bed anyway. Just to put icing on the cake, I forgot to bring my reusable shopping bags......I love my reusable bags! Lesson learned: ten dollars off is not worth my sanity!

Silly moment of today.....Miss Kay running around telling everyone that "Me is the BOSS!" This petite two year old apparently runs things in her world...which tends to spill out into ours :) Don't we all wish that our lives could be as simple as a two year old's is two her?

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

Oh that story made me cringe! I refuse to go to the grocery store with my kids anymore because I will leave them there! Way to go getting them all home :)