Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Poop, puke and an early birthday wish

Wow, what a week! Three sick kiddos, one trip to the animal ER, and one trip to the human ER. last Friday we ended up taking Sheba to the pet emergency room for a torn toenail. The kids thought it was very exciting to rush her to the doctor to get her foot fixed. They also thought it was funny that she came home with a bright green bandage and a lampshade type device on her head. Sheba however was not amused in the slightest. (Thanks to my dad to helping out so that I wasn't at the vet dealing with three tired kids and an injured dog) Good news is she is none the worse for the wear and even got a few days of total pampering in. Then this weekend I came home from work one of the mornings, picked up Kaylee and she proceeded to say "Hi Mommy!" and threw up all over my white uniform. So not only am I dealing with baby poop and puke at work, I also now have it at home. Turns out throughout the week all three of the kids would get the stomach bug. Kaylee even woke up one night from sleeping next to CJ and blame him for puking on her when in reality she had puked on herself while sleeping......I felt so bad for the kids. And for my mom who had to deal with the sick kids while Craig and I worked. What are grandmas for.....well that and cleaning dog blood off your new carpet while you rush the dog to the vet......Thanks mom! I feel the absolute worse though for Craig. He also got the stomach bug, but much worse then anyone else. He was sick for about a week and is stil recovering. He ended up spending a night in the ER also. We are still awaiting the results from his cultures (I guess you have to be a nurse to be excited to see what grows out of a bodily function culture). Through all of it, he still went to work and CJ's ball game and did what he had to do. He is a wonderful role model for the kids and myself. Somehow I avoided this round of illness (knocking on wood and going to take my probiotic).
On another, happier note, tomorrow is our dear princess's third birthday. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone, yet it seems like she has been two forever. All she can talk about is her Dora mermaid cake. Tomorrow we are going to get ice cream for lunch and then have a small family party at the paint your own pottery place with some pizza and the dora cake. Then on Sunday she is having a party at The Magic House. I remember the morning she was born having to call Craig while he was out on a route. He wanted to deliver some papers to the depot and I had to tell him we were not going to have time for that :) She was born in the early hours of the morning and it was wonderful, a new baby to welcome a new day......which happened to be Father's Day. Happy early birthday Princcess Mermaid!

No comments: